The Prix Galien Canada - Innovative Product Award will be presented to a drug, launched at least 12 months ago and no more than 60 months (5 years) ago, that has made the most significant overall contribution to patient care in Canada, according to the Jury of Prix Galien Canada.
- The product is considered a “break-through” rather than a derivative of an already existing agent
- The product has made a most significant overall contribution to patient care in Canada in terms of efficacy, safety, benefits, and innovation
- The product has a major impact on standards of care
If applicable, the candidate will detail the Canadian contribution to the discovery and/or development of the product and to the contribution to publications related to the product.
For the purpose of Prix Galien Canada, the Jury will use the definition of “drug” in the Food and Drug Act. “Drug” includes any substance or mixture of substances manufactured, sold or represented for use in:
- the diagnosis treatment, mitigation or prevention of a disease, a disorder, an abnormal physical state or the symptoms thereof, in humans and animals;
- restoring, correcting or modifying organic functions in humans or animals;
- disinfection in premises in which food is manufactured, prepared or kept.
It must be stressed that to be considered, the drug product must bear a Drug Identification Number (D.I.N.)
Prix Galien Canada guarantees that all information will be held in strict confidentiality and will be available only to parties involved in the adjudication of the award.
Applications should not exceed fourteen (14) pages, and must include:
- The completed submission form signed by an authorized Officer of the Company.
- A cheque in the amount of $2500 (plus applicable taxes) made out to the Health Research Foundation
- Five (5) published original articles including no more than one review article may also be submitted as an Appendix.
We are now accepting submissions for the 2023 Prix Galien Canada Innovative Product Award. The submission deadline is August 2, 2023.
Applicants are required to send their submission to:
Wilma Deen, Executive Director, Health Research Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org